Uncountable people over the globe are struggling with a broad range of mental health issues and several mental disorders that are raised due to drug abuse can break-down person’s personality, mental & physical balance as well as its social interaction completely. Sometimes, it becomes it unpalatable to diagnose such mental issues, unlike physical illnesses. According to a report issuance by SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration), 20 percent of people in the United States are suffering from several forms of mental health disorders.
Types of Mental Health Issues
Mental health issues and disorders cover a diverse range of forms as well as symptoms. Mentions below are a few illnesses that can be recognized as serious mental disorders –
- Anxiety Disorders: People suffering from this issue have fear and dread in their mind while dealing with any object or circumstance. Symptoms of anxiety disorders are rapid heartbeat and sweating. Social anxiety, specific phobias and generalized disorder are the subcategory of anxiety disorder.
- Bi-Polar Disorder:This mental issue is due to alteration of emotions and also known as an affective disorder and rapid swing from happy to extreme sadness & vice-versa are the most common symptoms. This disorder is sub-categorized into depression and cyclothymic disorder.
- Eating Disorder: Eating disorder is an extreme combination of emotions, attitude, and food. Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder are the most common types of eating disorder. An eating disorder is just an illness in which people overeat or starve themselves or adopt other unhealthy eating behavior.
- Impulse Control & Drug Abuse Disorder: People scrambling with the impulse control disorder are not able to resist, request any action that could be dangerous to themselves or others. Pyromania & Kleptomania (starting fires & stealing) and craving to gambling are a few example of impulse control. People struggling with chronic drug addiction often avoid social get-together, responsibilities and relationship, and prefer to leave alone mostly inside the house.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD): OCD is a mental health issue in which people have common obsession that includes –
- Fear of dirt or contamination by germs, virus and mud
- Fear of hurting to other
- Fear of getting scold or a mistake
- Behaving in a manner that is socially inacceptable
- Fear of existence of evil and ghosts or sinful thoughts
- Repeatedly bathing, washing or cleaning
Some of the mentioned above mental health issue are extremely dangerous and need an assistance of specialized psychiatrist at a mental health clinic. However, many of the disorder can be healed by practicing Yoga and proper medication prescribed by the specialized doctor.
Leave a Comment